About

The Oliphant Campers' Association held its first meeting at the Cross cottage on Cranberry Island in the summer of 1903, following the first known campers’ picnic the week earlier. It has been operating continuously since that time. It was formed to provide leadership in the following areas:

  • Welfare and protection of member properties
  • Planning, operating and evaluating annual regattas providing timely, relevant information to members
  • Reviewing issues which may pose a threat to members
  • Acquiring, maintaining and storing trophies and equipment
  • Supporting local dredging programs and providing leadership in this important aspect of Oliphant life including ensuring safe navigable channel passages.
  • Facilitating and financially supporting the upkeep of the “government” dock.

The Name Oliphant

Lawrence Oliphant   The area of Oliphant is named after the government appointee, Laurence Oliphant. In 1854 the Oliphant Treaty was signed at Saugeen, allowing the government to survey the lands gained by the Manitowaning Treaty.

 

Our Board Members

The OCA appoints an annual board from which officers and committee members are selected. Regular meetings are held four times per year and members are kept informed through a semi-annual newsletter.

COLIN YARDLEY

Past President

JEFF BOND

President & Harbour Master

ANDY BROWN

1st Vice President & Secretary

COLIN LEWIS

Second Vice President 

ANDREW YORKE

Treasurer

COLLEEN BOND

Membership

ROBBIE OWEN

Regatta Coordinator & Harbour Master

DAVE LIVINGSTONE

Lake Steward

ROB LISTER

Harbour Master

REBECCA YARDLEY

Media Coordinator

TAMMY THURTELL

MATT WHELAN

WARREN LISTER,

MOLLY O'ROUKE

Directors